Thursday 27 November 2014

SWOT Analysis


I have done a little research on SWOT. So, what is SWOT? SWOT is a planned method used to evaluate the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats involved in what you want to analyze on for example, myself or a project or for business. As said above, strength is (S), weakness is (W), opportunities is (O) and threats is (T). In this SWOT analysis, I will be analyzing myself.


Strength 



Strength is the characteristics in me that brings advantages to me and people around me. 

Some of my strengths are ;
  • I am a very patient person in doing something or towards others.
  • I am a very hard working person when I really need it.
  • I am very open minded.
  • I am a person who eager to learn new things.
  • I am very tolerant person.
  • I am a person who know's what I'm really doing.
  • I am a good listener.
  • I am a very calm person, when in a situation, I'll be calm to think of a solution and not panic or stress out.

Weakness


Weakness is the characteristic where it brings me disadvantages and to the people around me.

Some of my weaknesses are;
  • I am a lazy person as I procrastinate a lot.
  • I am a hot tempered person when people goes beyond their limit towards me.
  • I can be very emotional at times towards people's story.
  • I have a very bad time management skill and ended up doing last minute work.
  • I am easily distracted with things go around me. 
  • I am a nervous person when ever I need to do something very important.
  • I tend to zone out a lot even when I am not supposed to.
  • I can be easily influenced by friends.
  • I am a careless person at times when doing something.

Opportunities 


Opportunities are the chances that we get from in terms of help from others so that we can improve ourselves and succeed in our life.

Some of my opportunities are;
  • I have a very supportive family who helps me get through the day.
  • I have great lecturers to help me out when I don't understand something.
  • I am provided with great facilities to be used when needed in my college.
  • There are many job vacancies around my area where I can get a job to increase my level of experience.
  • My parents have connections with people where I can talk to to ask for advice on good universities and courses.
  • I have friends who are willing to teach me their mother tongue.
  • There are many educational videos online where I can watch for free and gain knowledge.

Threats 



Threats are some of the expected and also non-expected things that happen in our life that might be prevented or can't be prevented.

Some of the threats that I face;
  • Even though I'm the only child to my parents but due to low amount of  salary and only my dad is working, they will face problem to pay my tuition fees.
  • My grades are just average and there are people who are better than me which I have to put up a big competition with so that I can get a scholarship.
  • I can be very emotional which ruins my mood most of the days which concludes to an unproductive day and major procrastination to me due to somethings that go around me and at times because of my certain selfish friends.
  • I can get distracted easily and with the distractions around me, I tend to not finish my work in the time frame given.
  • I may not cope with my studies for medicine as I have weaknesses that I have to fix before I start that course which made myself comfortable later on after I start my further studies.
  • Social media is a major distraction for me where it puts out my work.




No comments:

Post a Comment